I read, I write, and I cook.
I run, I swim, and I travel.
I am the Senior Coordinator for Academic Advising at Duke Kunshan University in Kunshan, Jiangsu, China. Prior to joining Duke Kunshan University, I was an Academic Advisor and later Head of Advising Systems and Records at New York University Shanghai in Shanghai, China. I received my Master’s degree in Higher Education Administration and Student Affairs at Kent State University, Kent, Ohio in the United States and Bachelor of Arts degree in Journalism at Shanghai International Studies University in Shanghai, China.
My areas of expertise are:
- Academic advising, academic planning
- Motivational interviewing
- Academic advising systems implementation (PeopleSoft)
- Degree audit reports, what-if reports
- Google Education Suites (forms, spreadsheet), electronic forms and multi-step approval process
- Project management
Topics I can do independent consulting on include:
- Present Like a Pro – Visual Design
- Plan for Graduate School: Thinking Through Your Options
- Time and Goal Management
I am also the “IT guy” in the office, so I fix computers and printers.
Personally, I extremely like chocolate cakes, but consume them moderately.